Hello everyone !!
My niece (Elline) and Darylle came over this morning because they wanted to watch cartoons and play the piano 😉 which they definitely enjoy doing since before (including me of course 😄). But unfortunately, there was no electricity *since last night 😒. So we were bored and we decided to make DIYs instead. So here’s what we made! Tadaaaaa… Pen/Stationary Holders!
*I am sorry I didn’t take the step by step pictures because it was not really my plan to post this. The results made me really happy though, so now it made it on my blog 😄 i’ll tell you the steps how we made it anyways.
To make these pen holders, here are what you’ll need:
• Empty Plastic bottles of any size
• Colored Papers ( you can use paints if you’d like to)
• Glue Stick
• Glue Gun
• Scotch Tape
• Correction Pen (or any designing stuffs you’d like to use)
How to do:
1. First, you’ll need to cut off the top of the bottle with a cutter. You can cut it wherever you want. Just make sure that the bottle, whatever the height, is still sturdy and will be able to hold your pens without falling over.
If you are a child, make sure to ask some help from an adult.
2. Next step, trim the top with a scissor.
The cutter likely didn’t cut the bottle evenly so use a scissor to trim it further.
3. Wrap colored paper/s around the bottle. Use glue to secure them in place.
The paper can be any color you want. You can also use paints if you prefer doing so. Or stickers and beads. Whatever materials you’ll use, you wanna make sure you apply them neatly.
4. Use the correction pen (or paint) to draw lines and curves on the bottle. You can always do whatever design you want to. In our case, we opted for a cat design.
5. Tape whatever you’ll need to tape, do some last touch ups and and that’s it !!
These holders are very simple and easy to make. We’re sorry what we made were not perfect though 😄. But none the less, me and the kids really had so much fun doing this DIY. It was indeed an unforgettable bonding! And I think that’s what matters the most ❤️
Here’s Darylle trying to take a selfie with the pen holders. Hahaha